We are the largest Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning wholesaler in Southern Africa and are wholly owned by Beijer Ref AB, a Swedish based company listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange.
Metraclark has exclusive distribution rights to Emerson products (Copeland, Alco and Dixell) as well as Carrier residential air-conditioning systems, and offers the widest range of quality products and availability backed with skilled, experienced and honourable employees. Recam, a division of Metraclark, is a leading heat exchanger and compressorised product manufacturer.
Metraclark envisages being the best known and most trusted supplier of quality, efficient refrigeration and air conditioning components and systems throughout Southern Africa. We also strive to be the leaders in innovation and experience through the continued development and training of our employees.
Our Mission and Core Values
Support our customers with friendly, skilful and reliable service and expertise. Deliver refrigeration and air-conditioning products with the highest quality in the most efficient manner.
Metraclark does business as follows:
- Honourable & ethical business practices
- Committed customer support & service
- Employee development
- Continuous product development resulting in reduced environmental impact of our products
- Build and maintain customer and supplier relationships
- Help to improve the general standard of living by making cost effective food preservation and comfort cooling products available throughout Southern Africa
- 1997 Dorbyl amalgamated it’s three refrigeration wholesale companies namely Metek, Refrigeration Agencies (RA) and JL Clark to form Metraclark
- 1997 Carrier SA acquired Metraclark
- 2002 Metraclark and Carrier were united under one MD
- 2006 Metraclark rebranded itself as Carrier
- 2009 G&L Beijer AB from Sweden acquired Metraclark from Carrier